GIRL IN GINGHAM

DRESS: ZARA BAG: ZARA (SOLD OUT) ALTERNATIVES HERE AND HERE SHOES: TESCO BUT ALTERNATIVES HERE AND HERE
We all know gingham is having a huge moment right now; it's pretty impossible to scroll your insta feed without seeing someone rocking some black and white ruffle hems trousers or the more ~school uniform~ red and blue gingham which I'm so on board with. This Zara number has seen me through the heat wave this year and I know will continue to be a summer staple for me as the tiered style and smock shape are common themes in my personal style. I'm currently working towards filming a Style Evolution video and so my evenings recently have consisted of sifting through photographs from years gone by in an effort to collate a narrative of my style journey, with one of my most loved pieces clearly emerging as smock and babydoll dresses. In recent years I feel like my style has matured and become more confident; I no longer feel nervous about wearing exactly what I want and instead have become more daring with my fashion choices. Despite this change, the smock dress has remained a constant within my summer wardrobe and so when I picked up this Zara number I knew it was a worthwhile investment. I think it can be quite difficult to avoid buying specific trend pieces as new seasons come around, but from my experience, selecting a few pieces that can fall under the umbrella of that seasons trend, whilst remaining true to your personal style is an easy way to ensure they will carry you through for months or years afterwards. 

I'm becoming hugely more aware of the impact of fast fashion, mostly through discussions I have seen surrounding the topic online and have therefore been trying to make more informed and mature choices around my consumption of fashion. As a fashion student, I know I'm always going to have a love for shopping and feel empowered by the way clothes make me feel, but I also know it's important to face the facts of an industry I love and take responsibility for the changes that need to happen. I think my limited student budget is actually a great help in refraining some of my spending choices as I have to really evaluate if buying a certain piece will see me through for the foreseeable future or if it's likely to be something I decide I hate in a few months time. I definitely feel like this post has taken a little bit of a tangent (oops) but the one thing I love about blogging is there are no rules and restrictions in the direction of my posts! I hope this little ramble has provided a little insight to my thoughts right now, and be sure to let me know if you're slowly mulling over the fast fashion world in the same way I am. 

3 comments

  1. Such a stunner Charlotte, you look beautiful! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous Char - love the dress!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing it
    I really like it this kind of information..........Great blog post and really helpful...... and your blog are very interesting and inspiring.
    Midnightinfo
    CRPF ASI Steno Answer key 2017
    HPU BSc Nursing Answer Key 2017
    GATE Application Form 2018
    JCECEB Para Medical Answer Key 2017
    Bihar TET Admit Card

    ReplyDelete