NEW HURR


A very trivial yet for me, very happy life change; a new hair cut! I feel like this is such a silly thing to be updating my blog about however as someone with minimal self esteem, it feels SO GOOD to feel good about myself! I was inspired, as with many things in my life, by Megan Ellaby aka blogger extraordinaire with the most bad ass style on my insta feed and I'm so pleased I was armed with photos of her hair of dreams to show my hairdresser. I've been pinning pics of Ms Chung to my hair inspo board of Pinterest for years now and with Megan's hair being very similar to hers, I felt confident with what I wanted. Until now, I've had a very simple, all one length, shoulder length do, which I liked for its ease of styling and how sleek it looked BUT I was so tempted by the textured, messy look that I was ready for the change. The addition of a fringe is something I've wanted for SO LONG but after bad hair cut experience in the past, I was super worried I would hate it and it would take 1483911 years to grow out. In the end I took the plunge, again inspired by Megs and Alexa and I absolutely ADORE it. I felt so instantly 'me' as soon as it was cut which is so odd yet such a relief! In case any of you are also after an Alexa inspired look, I basically asked my hairdresser for a longer cut 'full' style fringe that could be parted and slightly longer at the sides to blend in to the rest of the hair. For the main body of my barnet, I asked for some messy layers to add some texture and volume and a bit of shaping around my face! 


VIEW MY HAIR INSPO PINTEREST BOARD HERE

9 comments

  1. A lovely post, it's nice to hear, well, read, about things that make people happy, no matter how small they think it might be!
    You look fantastic!

    HANNAH FROM NYLONTOAST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you hannah; I know what you mean! sometimes the little things can be all the more rewarding!! xo

      Delete
  2. I am SO glad that you took the plunge!! It suits you so much, Char ❤ xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you hails; you're one of fringe-spirations! all the love for you! xo

      Delete
  3. Your hurrrr looks lovely! Really suits you. I desperately need a haircut but never know what to have done. This is a gorgeous style though so maybe I might have to steal it... x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you pretty! I spent ages building up to getting it done, I feel like hair cuts can kinda be a big deal; they really change the look and proportions of your face! hehe go for it! I think it would suit so many face shapes! xo

      Delete
  4. Your blog is extremely brilliant. Quality contents are here.
    Charlotte's Web

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great place, wonderful food with modern ambiance and comfortable seating with plenty of room. It is now probably one of the best venues in Atlanta in my list. Perfect food, great decor and vibrant atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete