SUMMER SKIN 101


I recently made a littlleee Look Fantastic order in the hopes of (once again trying to) achieve perfect skin for summer. My skin has been on a bit of a rocky road for the past few weeks as I can off some medication that had initially cleared up my skin but in the end was making it worse. I can't win .The combination of changing the pill and having generally temperamental skin meant my face has been looking far from peachy recently which has been getting me down more than normal. I've established a consistent skincare routine this year which has definitely helped manage my breakouts slightly but they are still yet to remove themselves completely from my face. Le Sigh. ANYWAY, one Look Fantastic order later and two new products landed on my doorstep which I've been using and testing for the past couple of weeks and thought I would share today for anyone who also battles with skincare woes or is just looking for the perf summer glow!


Pixi Glow Tonic Exfoliating Toner

I've heard so much about the Pixi Glow Tonic Exfoliating Toner in recent years via other blogs or YT but being £18, I wasn't quite prepared to splurge on it when so many people dismiss toners as not having much positive impact on the skin. It was only when it was mentioned countless times on FromRoses, a blog I just adore, that I knew it was worthy of the hype and a few minutes later it was added to my online shopping bag. I have been absolutely ADORING using this toner after my Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel to give me the ~ultimate glow~ which is not only perfect for the summer season but also something I look for in general for my skincare to help my blemish prone skin look a little more radiant. I haven't been using the Pixi toner in the AM and PM because I've seen comments that an exfoliating toner might be too much on the skin twice a day so have been switching this up with other products but this is definitely my preferred choice. I can 100% notice a difference in my skin when using this toner compared to others in terms of glow and an overall brighter and clearer complexion. I think the range of ah-mazing ingredients in this toner really are to thank for my brighter skin; the glycolic acid helps to rid my skin of dead skin cells which paired with the aloe vera ensures that there is still plenty of hydration goin' on. Seriously one to try if you also have acne prone skin!


La Roche Posay Anthelios AC 30

The ingredients in the Pixi toner come with a warning that SPF must be worn whilst using the product as it can increase your skins sensitivity to sun exposure, which quickly meant the La Roche Posay Anthelios AC 30 was also added to my LookFantastic basket. I've been on the hunt for a lightweight SPF for a while now after I prematurely started worrying about signs of ageing on my skin at the ripe old age of 18. Anyway, I read a couple of reviews and blog posts and felt confident buying from La Roche Posay after using a number of their products in the past and praying this time I could avoid all signs of the classic greasy SPF I'm oh so familiar with. I've been using this product daily for a couple of weeks now and so far I'm really enjoying it! It instantly dries down to a matte finish on the skin meaning it's perfect under make up and also for my oily skin! Some reviews mentioned that it can leave a slight white cast on the skin however I've not found this to be the case (perhaps because I'm already casper-the-ghost pale) so I wouldn't let that put you off if you have heard similar comments! I do notice that by the end of the day my make up has slid around a little when wearing this underneath but nowhere near to the extent of oiliness that would be happening with a regular sunscreen. The Anthelios SPF is reasonably priced at £10.70 on LookFantastic which I was happy to pay for a product that has now become so important in my skincare routine and truly vital in the summer months!

Let me know what are your must-have summer skincare products; I would love to know! Also if you have tried either of these bits, let me know your thoughts!

1 comment

  1. I have a sample size of the Glow Tonic and it is just so good! I think I'll just need to splurge on a full size! My current favorite glowy product is the Glossier Priming Moisturizer. It makes my skin glowy without the oily. I am on the search for a new sunscreen as well, I'll have to look into this one.

    Alex || The Lawn Flamingo

    ReplyDelete