LIFE LATELY


As I mentioned in my last post I've been a little MIA on the blog recently and so thought a little catch up post was in order and for me to share some photos including snippets of life lately. Sometimes the best photos are the little moments captured on an iPhone rather than those that have taken time and planning to put together (despite the fact I still love an insta worthy shot) so I hope you enjoy the pictures too! 

1) MY BLOG HAS HAD A MAKEOVER. I've been wanting to update the look of my blog for the longest time now and after 4 years of uploading it has only tweaked its look a couple of times, mainly as a result of my absolutely PANTS computer skills. But, with some new found determination, a bargain Etsy blog layout and the help of one of my closest internet friends Hayley, the makeover happened! I'm still not 100% happy with the way it looks and there are a few tweaks to be made but overall I think it looks a lot more ~profesh~ and hopefully you like it too! Let me know what you think for sure! (ps. check out Hayley's beaut blog because she is clearly the queen of blog layouts and her posts are some of my absolute faves!)

2) A big thing that's happened recently for me has been moving out of my university halls! For any long time blog reader or follower of my social media it will be very clear that my first year at uni was not the easiest of times and so I feel a lot of relief closing that chapter and it felt like I was able to do so with moving out of my accommodation. The halls I was living in themselves were stunning and in a perfect location with lovely staff on hand at all times but this was all tainted and overwhelmed by the intense anxiety and loneliness I felt whilst there. Towards the end of my first year I definitely felt a little more relaxed as I handed in work and felt confident that all my hours of stress and worry had been somewhat worthwhile and with the promise of a few new friends it definitely has put me in a slightly more relaxed position for starting second year. I wouldn't say I'm looking forward to going back in September at all and I'm definitely appreciating being home in familiar surroundings and with S but I'm hoping the move back will be a little easier than first anticipated. 

3) Seeing friends since being home has been the loveliest of times! I've caught up with my secondary school friends since being back from uni and am finally seeing those from my sixth form this weekend and have enjoyed it all SO MUCH. I think friends are something you take for granted when you're together and uni has definitely taught me how much I value the people in my life when they're not there. One of the photos above shows THE most delicious vegan chocolate avocado cake that my friends made for a cluedo and games night we had recently which was SO MUCH FUN. If any of your friends are as like minded as mine then organising a scavenger hunt, 72 slide powerpoint quiz and getting overly competitive in teams is the ultimate weekday evening. I'm still bitter we lost by a point and a half. 

4) I was recently surprised with the biggest and most gorgeous bunch of flowers after handing in some money that mysteriously appeared in my locker. Turns out two people accidentally being given the same locker key has its perks at Tesco as two managers handed me the beaut flowers pictured above for being so honest; who knew being a normal decent human being was something to be recognised (not that I'm complaining!)

5) I've been really loving editing and filming for my YT channel lately and really want to get videos up more regularly. I've pretty much fully decided that my channel is a place I want to share vlogs rather than 'sit down' type videos but with most of my time being taken up by work, driving lessons or being too tired to do much on my days off that doesn't make for very interesting content! I did a weekly vlog a couple of weeks ago which wasn't my favourite vid because I didn't think it was exciting enough but lots of people seemed to enjoy; let me know if you are a fan of those more homey/relaxed videos rather than trips and weekends away because I can definitely make more of those! 

And that's about it! Not much going on but at the same time busy days and not as much time for blogging in the last couple of weeks. I'm 100000% going to be working on changing that for the rest of June so if you do have preferences for the style of posts I do or particular topics then PLS let me know; I'm a big lover of feedback. I hope you're all doing 10/10 at the moment and deffo let me know what's been going on in life lately for you! <3 

4 comments

  1. This is the first post I've read of yours, but I'm definitely going to follow you and become a regular reader! Did you say chocolate avocado cake?? They're my two favourite things, but I can't imagine them being very good together. Agreed, catching up with friends you haven't seen in a while is the best, because it's so easy to sometimes forget how well I get along with them!

    theamandaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you so much that's super lovely of you! and I sure did say chocolate and avocado! because it's a vegan cake the avocado replace some of the wet ingredients that would be in a normal cake! here's the recipe if you wanted to try it :) http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/chocolate-avocado-cake <3

      Delete
  2. Your blog is looking lovely, always happy to help if you wanna change anything!! :)
    I love your vlogs even if you think you're not doing much in them, it's nice seeing what other people get up to, even on "homely" days! Glad that you're enjoying being back at home!
    Hayley x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you H!!! well there are a couple of things but i'll message you about those soon ;) thanks again for all your help!! aw okay I shall bear that in mind, thank youuuu <3

      Delete