5 good things recently


In my most hectic month of the year I've somehow managed to upload a record number of blog posts for 2016. How? I really don't know. My first deadline is next Monday and to say I'm stressed would be the understatement of the century, so naturally I'm putting more pressure on myself to upload on here :) I love my brain :) I've always enjoyed reading posts like this and despite it interfering with the mountains of university work I still need to power through, I thought it might be nice to reflect on some nice things that have happened to me lately and remind myself that life isn't all bad despite it really feeling that way right now. If any good things have happened to you recently, please leave them in the comments to cheer me up!

1) As shown above, the most gorgeous ballet (literally) pumps arrived on my doorstep this week after I've been eagerly watching my ASOS saved basket for weeks waiting for a re stock in my size. I've been lusting after these beauties for a while and for only £20 you really cannot go wrong! I can't wait to style these in the warmer months and the outfit planning going on in my head to ensure I can wear these at every possible opportunity is so real. Also the fact I saw the absolute babe, Liv Purvis mention these in a recent video made my need to own them even stronger. She is my biggest enabler, ever. 

2) Scott and I booked a trip to Amsterdam! This will be our first proper abroad holiday as a couple and I'm v excited for it! After the (completely unexpected) success of the Brighton vlog, we're hoping to film some bits and bobs from the holiday because I really did enjoy filming and editing so much more than I anticipated! We're not off on our travels until August but in the mean time I'll be planning the gorgeous insta pics I can take of the pretty architecture and endless canals; I can't wait! If you have any must visit places in Amsterdam please tweet me or comment below!

3) Despite the constant stress of uni, I feel like a couple of my modules are *very* slightly under control. I managed to complete an invite and press pack that's been panicking me for weeks this morning so I'm feeling a little reassurance that I'm (sort of) ticking things of the list. The only problem is the list seems to be never ending. Sigh. I'll get there in the end. The fact I can see the light at the end of the tunnel is a very good thing though.

4) I FINALLY BOOKED MY DRIVING LESSONS. If you've been following me online for a while then you'll know that this is something I'm absolutely terrified of and have been putting off for literal years (okay, like a year and a half) now. If you read some of my earlier blog posts from this year you'll know it was my new years resolution to start learning to drive this year and I've finally pushed anxiety aside and booked some lessons for June when I'm home from university. With so much other stuff going on in my head right now I've managed to distract myself from the fact they are looming rather soon and I am completely terrified but I suppose I'll just have to bite the bullet and do it. Apologies for all the encouragement for interaction but please do tweet me if you've also been an anxious mess about driving and if it's turned out okay for you. Maybe just tweet me and tell me it will be fine even if it won't just to make me feel better? Yes, do that please.

5) Lily Melrose's videos are always a highlight of my week but since she's been uploading every day in April I've fallen a little bit more in love with her content. I've been watching Lily for a few years now and consistently enjoy her videos because of the editing style, general topics she covers and her honest and 'real' personality. If you've never watched Lily's videos then I highly recommend catching up on her April uploads, they've been fab and it's really motivating seeing someone upload content so regularly and to such a high standard. I have a lot of Lily love.

4 comments

  1. Lily is one of my favourite YouTubers, I love how she doesn't pander to a 13 year old audience like a lot of popular YouTubers now. I can't wait for some outfit posts ft those pumps, I really like them but would have no idea how to style them? I can actually drive now and it still terrifies me but you do get used to it and it just feels like I'm cruising around on mariokart which is less scary!
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes definitely, she's my fave!! aw yay I'm glad you're looking forward to them, fingers crossed I can persuade scott to take some photos for me soon ;) ahh okay that's definitely reassuring! fingers crossed I can get through the lessons without being ~too~ terrified xxx

      Delete
  2. Love this post! How exciting that you are going to Amsterdam, I am hoping to go at the beginning of September! Good luck with your driving lessons (already tweeted you ha) and your deadlines!

    I recently got an unconditional offer from my first choice uni so I think that would be the most positive thing to have happened to me recently!! :-) x

    Emily - www.positivelystupendous.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you emily! ahh how exciting! congratulations on your uni offer, such exciting times!! xx

      Delete