First impressions - Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation


It feels like I haven't uploaded a beauty post in FOREVER but I was really keen to get this one up not only because the packaging of this product is so beaut but also because it's been on my wish list for so long. I received the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation for Christmas and have been testing it out since then which, after the hype around this product I was super excited to do. I have shade '1 Fair' which is the lightest shade possible :) When did I get this pale :). I was matched at a Charlotte Tilbury counter however the (lovely) lady only applied a little to my cheek which I don't feel was the most effective way of doing so; when I have been matched in MAC in the past they have removed my foundation and then reapplied across my whole face so I could see the finish and colour more easily. My CT foundation does seem a little on the pale side which is okay for the winter months but I think when my skin gets (marginally) more tanned the match might not be quite so good.

The foundation is described as full coverage which to some extent I would  agree with. I don't feel it is anywhere near as high coverage as my trust NARS Sheer Glow which is the sort of product I like to use on a daily basis because of my problem skin. I have found myself grabbing the Magic Foundation on my 'good skin' days because one of the things I love about the product most is the finish of it. It feels completely weightless on my skin and   gives a natural 'inner' glow whilst covering (most of) my blemishes. I have been using my trusty Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Face brush to apply it but I'm definitely going to experiment with my Real Techniques sponge because I think that might be a more effective way to create the flawless, full coverage finish that it promises. The foundation comes with a pump which is definitely a big thumbs up from me as most other high end foundations I have tried in the past require you to buy one separately as well as the silly money you're paying for the product. In comparison to my other go-to foundations, I find that the Magic Foundation sits really nicely on my skin and wears extremely well. Despite my thoughts that it might not be as full coverage as NARS, it definitely wears far better throughout the day and I find myself not having to touch up my make up as regularly if not at all. From the trial and testing so far I would 100% recommend this Charlotte Tilbury beauty because it is a really gorgeous product overall and I think applied in the right way it can be built up to full coverage easily. I find it does cling to the couple of dry patches I have around spots and blemishes but that's nothing a good moisturiser beforehand can't fix. This is the first CT product I have tried and so far I am v impressed! 

4 comments

  1. I have just ordered a CT lipstick and requested a sample of this foundation. Hopefully it works out and becomes the foundation I am after. Just hoping I've ordered the right colour...

    Emily - www.positivelystupendous.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh exciting; their lipsticks look gorgeous too so that sounds like a fab order! Choosing colours can be so tricky, crossing my fingers for you xo

      Delete
  2. gah you always take such lovely blog photos! I've never brought anything from CT but i am looking for a new foundation! i might give this a go!

    Hannah at WRITTEN BY HANNAH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK U, and yes definitely do! Let me know if you make a lil order 😏 xo

      Delete