University room tour


Hey guys !!! I've well and truly settled (kind of) into university now and had my first lecture this morning which was both exciting and terrifying at the same time. For those of you that don't know I'm studying Fashion Communication and Promotion which is my DREAM so all in all I should be really happy and excited but instead I'm just feeling a little lonely and overwhelmed at the mo. I keep seeing instagram posts from my friends who are now spread around the country at other universities and they look like they're having the best time so I feel a little down that I'm also not having the best time. Anyway, I'm hoping that once I've properly started my course and I'm busy with assignment and projects everything will be better (let's pray).

Seeing as my university flat is the place I'll call home for the months to come I've tried to make it as homely and 'char' as possible which has made me feel a little more settled. I thought I'd share a couple of pics of my university flat whilst it's still tidy (ahem, as I write this post I have towels hung in front of the window trying to dry them. Life). I'm v lucky that my flat is actually super nice and it's just been refurbished (that extra £9 a week for a nice flat was fo sure worth it) so everything is shiny and fully functioning (mostly). The blind, floor and walls are all very neutral which gets a thumbs up from me because I was completely terrified of horribly patterned curtains that didn't match any of my bedding (I am actually being serious). When I first moved in I was really reluctant to put my photos up on my pin board because I didn't want to put holes in my polaroids but in the end my wall was looking very bare and I wanted some snaps of my friends in my room to remind me that I actually have some. I told you I was feeling lonely. Also, FAIRY LIGHTS ARE A MUST. I have mine on every evening and it makes the room seem so much more cosy and there's something about those little lights that's just very comforting. My bedding is from H&M home and other little touches to note might be the copper lamp (Homebase), my cacti (assortment of IKEA, garden centres and lil birthday gifts from S) and two of my faves, the copper letter 'C' and photo frame (Oliver Bonas). 

My room is feeling a lot more 'me' now it's just a shame I don't feel very 'me' at the moment at uni. Very much hoping that once I get into the swing of living here and making friends (please god let me make friends) I will enjoy myself as much as I had hoped !! 

5 comments

  1. Your uni room looks lovely! I hope that you make friends soon, you seem like a lovely person! But I also remember feeling similar when I started last year! :) xx

    Floralchaos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much that's very kind of you, your comment really made my evening xo

      Delete
  2. If you don't mind me asking, what uni do you go to? Your room is so nice! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room looks much nicer than mine was, I love how bright and clean it is!
    Megan x
    London Callings

    ReplyDelete