Pre university musings

I'M MOVING OUT IN 4 DAYS !! 4 !! DAYS !! Freaking out quite majorly over here as the packing that has so far taken place is minimal (read: non existent) and I am still a tiny bit in denial that soon I will be living with four other people who I've never met. Panic has well and truly set in. Here are some of the incessant thoughts currently filling my head:

-V scared about leaving S behind. I know this is cringey and pathetic but I am not a very independent person and having him has helped me massively, I feel like I’ll be lost without him.
-Also sad about the shower situation, I’M A BATH PERSON GOD DAMN IT. How will I survive without using lush bath bombs ?? Also how does one shave their legs in a shower; something I will never know.
-How the heck do I live without being able to cuddle my cats on a daily basis? Also a mystery to me
-I feel like my cooking skills are okay (ish) (emphasis on the ish) but the thought of looking after myself on a daily basis completely by myself is terrifying. It seems ridiculous typing this out because I am 18 years old BUT I rely so much on having my friends and family and boyfriend and I don’t want to do it alone SIGH
-I have to accept the fact I won’t be able to afford domino’s pizza. RIP my love for texas BBQ
-WHAT IF THE CURTAINS ARE A HORRIBLE PATTERN AND DON’T MATCH MY BEDDING
-Moving to the north: Will I need to take an extra duvet and 5 winter coats? Will I be so cold I eventually turn into an ice cube ? Am I overestimating how cold it is in the north of England ?? Maybe.

I know this seems like the most negative thing I’ve ever written but right now I’m feeling v overwhelmed about moving out when I still feel so scared !! Any students who have experienced this and are still alive and breathing please reassure me I’ll be okay.

1 comment

  1. I'm from a small town about 20 minutes away from huddersfield and I'm so excited to see how you find living in Huddersfield and the North in general! I'll be going to university next year and I too am terrified of leaving my boyfriend, so hopefully you'll be an expert at long distance relationships by the end of this year and will be able to help other first years going into the same situation! :)
    If you ever need anything or want to know anything about Hudds feel free to message me on some form of social media! ^.^

    http://www.thecharonicles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete