london haul: AA, brandy melville and lush!

(also if you're ever on Carnaby Street you HAVE to check out Moosh Cafe which is on a little side street there. Best frozen yoghurt of my life (mine is the delicious looking granola, maple syrup and banana one mmm)

First thing's first, a three storey Lush store on Oxford Street ?? This is literally the stuff dreams are made of and I definitely didn't freak and want to buy the entire shop after a trip to London on Monday, nope definitely not. Ahem, anyway haul time woo !! I didn't go particularly crazy with the spending this time because with September and university approaching I really do need to be saving all the £££ that I can (which isn't actually very much anyway) but regardless I am really pleased with the purchases that I did make. 

If you're a long time reader then you will probably be aware of my love for anything from Lush so the idea of a three storey shop filled to the brim with bath bombs, face masks, hair and skincare galore made me slightly giddy. I did manage to refrain from purchasing every bath product in the shop and picked up three things that I'm super excited about!! First up, a pink flamingo on a stick. How could I resist?? This reminded me so much of Snow Fairy because of the way it's used that I had to put this one into my basket, it smells so fruity and summery that this one was a must. It also has a hint of roses which is for sure one of my favourite scents from Lush so this little guy was a winner for me (also just in case I haven't placed enough emphasis upon this already, it's a flamingo, SO CUTE). I also went for another Oxford Street exclusive which I feel can be justified because it is an exclusive to that store (that's what I'm telling myself anyway) and is called Intergalactic. From the outside it's the prettiest colours (turquoise with pink and yellow running through it too) and it smells SO SO GOOD !! I've seen some instagram posts of how this one looks in the water and let me tell you it looks a treat, so excited to give this one a go! Finally from Lush I picked up the Big Bang Bubble Bar (nice alliteration) and I'm super excited for this one because how much use and bubbles can come from one product. This lil beauty is filled with softening avocado butter and grapefruit oil which sound like the perfect scents for summer and will also help keep your skin perfectly moisturised for picnics and beach days in the sun. 

Next on to clothes and I managed to stay pretty calm in AA ((surprisingly)) and just picked up another stripy playsuit because I've worn my green striped version so much that I could justify the slightly bigger price tag! I went for the red, white and blue colouring which I think looks really cute and is lovely for this time of year. I find the American Apparel playsuits so versatile and they really are a great investment piece; cute and cool in summer and equally as adorable in winter layered with a jumper, wooly tights and boots. Love. (Also, because I agreed to have my receipt emailed to me rather than printed to save paper, I was given the cutest red head band which goes so well with my playsuit. Also pretty in love with headbands at the moment because I can feel slightly like Blair Waldorf. The resemble is uncanny (I wish)). After this little splurge I was so pleasantly surprised to find the cutest shorts in Brandy Melville for only £13 ??! I think I may be a little bit in love with that store and the clothes are the softest thing ever and so so affordable too!! I was a little worried that these shorts may resemble pyjamas but I wore them to the beach yesterday with trainers and my mustard jumper and they looked really cute! If you're passing a BM store I would 100% recommend taking a look it's so dreamy. I also pinked up a pink pen from Muji because I just cannot resist their pen selection, I've literally gone through about 6 of these pens I adore them so much; any pen / stationery lover will understand. 

Let me know if you'd like to see either of the clothing pieces in OOTD's soon, fingers crossed I can upload some outfit posts asap !! 



7 comments

  1. I need to go to that LUSH :') ps. The clothes you brought are super cute and looked SO great on you xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU SO DO !! thank you so much lovely xo

      Delete
  2. I was in London earlier this week and FELL IN LOVE with BM-isn't it just gorgeous? Looks like you picked up some lovely items!
    Katie x
    katie-louu.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh, it really is! thank you katie xo

      Delete
  3. The playsuit is the cutest thing ever! Also I think I'm going to have to make a trip to London very soon purely for that Lush!xx

    ReplyDelete