16 things I learnt whilst being 16


1) You still don't like coffee despite really really wanting to (no amount of buying starbucks iced caramel lattes will change your mind *sighs*)
2) Bubble baths can't fix everything but they are a good place to start
3) Christmas definitely is the best time of the year
4) Treat yourself every now and again because you deserve it
5) Exams aren't everything so don't stress too much because it achieves nothing and in the end you'll probably be okay
6) LISTEN TO YOUR BODY WHEN IT TELLS YOU ITS HUNGRY AND TRY AND IGNORE THE INSIGNIFICANT NUMBERS THAT ARE CALORIES (now known as happy points)

7) Not everyone you meet is going to be particularly nice so feel free to avoid those people without feeling rude
8) Friends can be the most important people in your life so treat them. Buy them chocolate and bath bombs and show them you're there for them too because you never know when you're going to need someone to call at 2am
9) Buying flowers can make a genuine impact on your mood so treat yourself to those peonies you saw yesterday because they're pretty and why not
10) Strawberry milkshake rules and it's okay to drink it every single day
11) Some people will have ignorant and silly opinions and sometimes you have to stand up for yourself
12) It's cliche I know but I genuinely feel like a lot of things in life happen for a reason you just don't know it yet
13) Yes boybands will ruin your life (I'm talking about you one direction) so crying at wembley stadium when you see your two favourite bands perform on the same night is a totally okay thing to do
14) Fangirling is fab and don't let anyone tell you otherwise
15) Reading books can make such a difference to your mental state/health so read as widely and as much as possible.
16)Not everything that matters happens on twitter. Explore without your phone and instagram for a while


Charlotte x

23 comments

  1. You are so much wiser than I was when I was 16. Really lovely post :) x

    Jeanette from Curious Minded Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post :) many points fit to me aswell :D
    Have a nice week,
    Karina :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post so much, I'm currently 16 and I'm glad you've realized these things too! xo
    aclassystateofgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've really liked the post, I think we're to simmilar hahahaha
    can u check my blog and follow it on GFC and bloglovin if you like it?
    www.wednesday19th.blogspot.com
    xx Cecil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw haha thank you! of course, I'll take a look now x

      Delete
  5. Hi,I've recently started a blog on here: ItsWayTooEarly.blogspot.com , and this post inspired me to write my 'things I have learnt as a teenager' post! It would mean the absolute world to me if you could check it out and follow me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hiya! I'm so glad this post inspired you, of course, I'll have a read now :) x

      Delete
    2. ahh thank you, did you like it? x

      Delete
  6. Hiya just followed your blog and your blog header is so nice!:) I think I have learnt most of these when being 16:)! Haha x

    curlsandcometsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you lovley! aw I just got a new header and I'm so pleased with it so I'm glad you like it too :) x

      Delete
  7. I couldn't agree with you more about the bubble baths, christmas and treating your self XD. It's crazy how I have started to appreciate these little things too now I am 16. This is such a unique post I really love it :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the little things that make the biggest difference! thank you so much x

      Delete
  8. I know someone else already said this but I wish I was as wise as you when I was 16! Sometimes you learn these lessons the hard way but only way to learn from mistakes is to make 'em.

    Really been enjoying your blog Charlotte and I always forgot how young you are! :-)

    Smaz Says

    Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much this comment made my day! aw exactly, I'm sure there are still a lot of things I have to learn; thank you sarah xxx

      Delete