the 5 product face

Hi there!


I've seen this tag floating around on youtube quite a bit recently with my favourite being the video from the fab and frankly hilarious becca from beccarose who is quite possibly one of the lovliest youtube ladies around. The idea behind the tag is to select just 5 products from your make up collection to create an entire make up look that you would be happy to wear in public. For some people this may not seem all that challenging but it really made me realise how many I products I use on a daily basis (11 products every day is a little excessive char)

Writing this post made me realise that there are maybe products I call 'holy grail' that didn't actually make the cut for this post. It's really interesting to think about the 5 products you would choose if you had to so let me know in the comments which beauty must haves would be on your list! 

1) For my base I would go for my well loved and trusty mac studio fix fluid in NC15. I went for this foundation mainly because the coverage is perfect for perfecting and masking blemishes and redness but can also be applied less heavily for a more natural look. Although 20 odd pounds can seem a bit of a hefty pricetag for a foundation it really does last forever and if you're unsure the lovely people at mac will most probably be able to give you a sample to try beforehand! It's a win win situation. 

2)The only other base product I chose was my Philosophy Blushing Bronzer in 'Tan' because it has a perfect bronzing and blush colour so works as a 2-in-1 (the best way to get around only being allowed 5 products...) The colours are perfect for my complexion and look really natural and glowy which is perfect for summer.

3)For eyes I couldn't go without a liquid liner and soap and glory supercat liner never fails me. The formula glides across the eyelids so smoothly and doesn't drag/smudge at all! The colour is super black so no need to worry about it fading throughout the day and the felt tip applicator makes it a dream to apply. I wrote a full post about the soap and glory liner which you can read HERE if you want to hear more fab things about it!

4)Also for eyes I went with my Rimmel London day-to-night mascara because the with two wand options it means you can create a more lengthened or volumised lashes with the same product. Similarly to the supercat liner the formula of this mascara rules and is a staple in my everyday make up. Couldn't live without this one!

5)The final product I went with for my 5 product face was the original baby lips lip balm from maybelline. Day to day I don't tend to wear a lip colour so stick to balms of which this is the bomb. Literally this lip balm is SO moisturising it's insane. It also smells pretty amazing too so it's just overall a great product to throw in your bag and you're good to go for the whole day. 

I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know which products from your make up collections you would choose! I'm  going to tag a couple of people to do this post too but feel free to do it too if it takes your fancy:) 

Charlotte x

http://jacquelinemorby.blogspot.co.uk/
http://cristynottingham.blogspot.co.uk/
http://hollylerose.blogspot.co.uk/
http://hayleyivy.blogspot.co.uk/
http://beccawritesablog.blogspot.com/

2 comments

  1. aw thankyou for tagging my, I will deffinatly be doing this tag! xxx

    http://cristynottingham.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag. Enjoyed reading!

    - Keyta @ www.TheWayfarer.co

    ReplyDelete