summer baking: lemon and raspberry muffins



Hi there!

It's been such a long time since I last did a baking post so I thought it would be nice to include a summery recipe to inspire me to do some more baking in the warmer weather. Muffins/cupcakes are my favourite thing to bake so I decided to make some lemon and raspberry muffins! Because I seem to attract bad luck for most of my life, my weighing scales decided to break half way through resulting in me having to guess the quantities of each ingredients but I think they still turned out okay (I hooe). I used Mary Berry's recipe purely because I love the Great British Bake Off a little excessively and she just seems like a pretty cool lady (yep I really did just say that) The recipe is super easy and quick so it's even more perfect right? :)

Ingredients:
125g of unsalted butter
125g of self raising flour
125g of caster sugar
2tbsp of milk
2 eggs
1 lemon

Method:
1) Pre heat your oven to 180c/gas mark 4
2) Take a large bowl and mix together the butter and sugar with an electric whisk until the consistency is smooth
3) Beat the egg in a seperate bowl and then add into the butter and sugar mixture and combine.
4) Add in the milk and flour to the bowl with the other ingredients and combine slowly
5) Grate in some lemon zest (you can also add a squeeze of lemon juice if you want a more lemony muffin!)
6)Gently put some raspberries into the mixture and mix them together (try to avoid squashing them with your spoon as you mix!) Finally spoon the mixture into cupcake/muffin cases
7) Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown

After my muffins were cooked I sprinkled some icing sugar over the top which not only looks pretty but also adds a little more of a sweet taste to counteract the bitterness of the raspberries! Let me know if you re create this recipe, I'd love to see :)

Charlotte x

2 comments