Valentines make up look

Hi there!

Since Valentines Day is fast approaching and Spring is just around the corner I thought it would be nice to upload a make up look that was a little less wintery. I've chosen a few of my current favourite products to create this look, most of which are drugstore with a couple of high end loves thrown in too! 

Revlon BB cream '001 Pale' // Mac Mineralise Skin Finish 'Soft and Gentle' // Rimmel Glam eyes Day 2 Night mascara // Elizabeth Arden eyeshadow duo 'Pink Clover' // Elf lipstick 'Nicely Nude. 

For Valentines Day, perfect and glowy skin is the only option! I chose my Revlon BB cream because it gives the perfect light coverage and also adds a lovely glow to my skin. If you feel like you want something with a bit more coverage then you can always swap in your favourite foundation but I feel like a glowy base goes the best with this look. For highlight I went for my favourite mac product ever which is my Mineralise Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle. I've talked about this product probably too many times but it really does give the prettiest look to the tops of your cheekbones!

For eyes I went for a couple of the prettiest shades ever from my little eyeshadow duo from Elizabeth Arden. I'd recommend priming your eyelids before applying eyeshadow (my favourite is the primer potion from Benefit) to keep the shades looking even more pigmented and so they stay in place for longer. The ligher shade looks amazing all over the lid and then blended out with the darker colour through the crease to add some definition and depth. I would use my Mac 217 for this because it's the perfect fluffy brush for blending and makes the transition between two colours look so flawless.

Also for eyes I decided on my Glam eyes Day to Night mascara from Rimmel because the lengthening wand helps my lashes look super fluttery (perfect for valentines day!). To match the pretty pink eyes I went for my ELF lipstick in the shade 'Nicely Nude'. I think I might have written about this once before but I had to include it again because it is probably my most hydrating lipstick ever! This shade is my favourite day time lip product as it can look amazing with simple make up but with the eyeshadows of this look it finishes off the make up perfectly!

I hope you enjoyed this make up look post, let me know if you'd like me to do more in the future because it was really fun choosing out the products!

Charlotte 

8 comments

  1. I am always wearing BB cream! I really want to try out that MAC Mineralise Skin Finish :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you definitely should it's so lovely! x x

      Delete
  2. Another lovely post, dying for soft and gentle, it's gorge x x
    Lisa x x
    http://lipstickandlisa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely selection of makeup - perfect for Valentine's, I'm a huge fan of BB creams although I've yet to try Revlon's offering. Have you tried the Garnier ones? How would you say they compare?

    Smaz Says

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! ahh no I haven't heard much about them but it's always nice to try something new so I might look into them :) x

      Delete