Blog Baking: Valentines Day

Hi there!


If you're a regular reader of Charlotte's Web then you may remember back in December I started a little feature called Blog Baking which started with me sharing a christmas cookie recipe! I finished my AS level mocks yesterday *fist pump* and because it's now half term I thought I'd do some baking! This recipe is kind of a mix of a few that I put together so hopefully my instructions make sense if you try to re create them for yourself. These cupcakes would be perfect for Valentine’s Day for a girly night in or if you're looking to impress a certain someone (hint hint nudge nudge)so let me know in the comments if you bake them too!



You will need:
-145 grams of caster sugar
- strawberries (I used about 6 or 7 but this varies depending on how many you want to make)
-40 grams of butter (preferably unsalted but any that you have already is fine)
-120 grams of plain flour
-1 large egg
- vanilla essence (only 3 or 4 drops)

For the Frosting:
-80 grams of butter
--250 grams of icing sugar
-sliced strawberries 






Step 1: Preheat your oven to 170 degrees or gas mark 3

Step 2: Use an electric whisk to mix together the butter, flour and sugar on a slow speed until combined and resemble breadcrumbs.


Step 3: In a seperate jug mix together the milk, egg and vanilla essence. Gradually pour this mixture into the earlier flour/butter/sugar whilst whisking slowly with an electric whisk. Your final cupcake mixture should look smooth and creamy so keep going until this effect is achieved. 


Step 4: At this point you can add a few chopped strawberries into the final mixture so that there are some inside the cakes themselves! 

Step 5: Use a teaspoon to transfer the mixture into cupcake cases of your choice. I went for some little silver ones so which I thought were really cute and you can buy pretty much anywhere! I had some mixture left over at the end and so made some larger cupcakes too :)

Step 6: Put into the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown :) Put aside to cool and prepare the frosting!

Step 7: Use an electric whisk (on a low speed) to blend together the butter and icing sugar. Gradually add in the milk and whisk again :)
I'm writing this post up after eating a few  one of the baby cupcakes and I must say they are rather yummy! I hope you all have a lovely Valentine's Day whatever you're doing this year :)

Charlotte 

No comments