January blues

Hi there!

2014 has somehow rolled around and I can imagine I'm not the only one confusedly putting up a new calender and wondering how 2013 came and went so quickly! I've made a few new years resolutions, one of which is to blog more this year (yay!).I'm also going to focus on fashion and style because that's where I'm hoping my blog will be going this year.I thought I'd ease myself into my first post of the new year by sharing my favourite blue nail polishes because my addiction to buying nail varnish is spiraling somewhat out of control. The tile of this post is inspired by the Arctic Monkeys song 'knee socks' so maybe give that a play in the background whilst you're reading this...


Essie is quite possibly my favourite nail polish brand of all time and so when I found this little baby in my stocking on christmas day I died a little inside (slight exaggeration).   It's the perfect navy for January and as always with eEssie has an amazing formula. Although in certain lights it could be mistaken for a black nail polish, I love the more gothic feel of this it in comparison to my almost entirely pastel based collection and so it's a winner for me. 'Get your number' is my first OPI polish and oh my it definitley won't be the last! This shade is from their liquid sand collection (possibly limited edition but I'm not 100% sure?) and reminds me of an intergalactic galaxy or something haha (IT'S SO GLITTERY!). I've had many a compliment when wearing this in the past and it's definitley one to go for if you want something a bit bolder. It 's the most difficult thing to remove from your nails e v e r which sometimes puts me off wearing it slightly but that aside it's my go-to glitter polish. Lastly is perhaps one of my most loved nail polishes (a pastel? wow what a surpise Charlotte!) and it's Barry M's 'New moon'. This is the perfect baby blue if you want something a little more subtle this January but it definitley needs a couple of coats to give the best colour :)

Let me know in the comments what your favourite blue nail varnishes are because I'm always looking to expand my collection ^_^

Charlotte ♥

7 comments

  1. I saw that OPI nail polish at the store the other day, I was going to buy it but I didn't, but I think now that I've seen what it really looks like I might go buy it now.

    http://loriscreativity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw definitely pick it up, it's gorgeous! x

      Delete
  2. OPI get your number is gorgeous. I still haven't bought any OPI nail polished.
    Barry M Blue Moon is also pretty and a lot more affordable, I like it.

    Kah-Feh Yen | YSL Rouge Volupté Lipstick Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh I'd definitely recommend OPI but yes it is a little pricey haha! x

      Delete
  3. Your blog is so cute!! I've just started writing one (also a new years resolution) but I am still in the very early stages of being quite puzzled by blogger and not really knowing what I'm doing.
    I love the bow on your header!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, to be honest I'm still very puzzled by blogger haha! Thank you so much! x x

      Delete
  4. What beautiful colours!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete