2013 favourites!

Hi there!

This post may seem a little late (oops) but I've been super busy over Christmas seeing family and just generally have a fun time (who doesn't love Christmas hey?) so sorry I've been a bit MIA on the blogging front. 2013 favourites have been done to death in the blogging and youtube world in the past week or so but I thought it would be nice to do this instead of a January favourites post that I had planned for later in the month because this means I can talk about a bigger variety of products; yay! 


Also the observant of you may have noticed that 'Charlotte's Web' has had a little make over recently and I'm now super happy with it! Recently I'd been feeling really annoyed with myself that I'm so bad with technology and couldn't make my blog look prettier *cries with frustration* but I played around with things a little and googled some things quite a bit and I think I finally like it! Let me know in the comments if you like the new look!



Beauty favourites of 2013


Mac Mineralise Skin Finish - Soft and Gentle 
One of my first favourites, which will come as no surprise to regular readers is my Mac Mineralise Skin Finish in the shade 'Soft and Gentle'. If you're looking for the perfect highlighter then this is 100% it! If you're not a fan of more glittery highlights then I might not recommend this as it is quite shimmery however it gives the perfect highlight to your cheekbones and I definitely think it draws the light to all the right places! A little on the pricey side but I'll definitely be repurchasing when this runs out (if it ever does hit pan, mine still looks brand new!)

Kiko Concealer 
When putting together this post this is one of the first things that came to mind as a favourite for 2013. The perfect under eye concealer and so affordable too! It has such a lovely creamy formula so it's really blendable and covers even the most noticeable dark circles.

Mac Studio Fix Fluid
Best. foundation. ever. I've done a previous post on this foundation before which you can read HERE for more detail but it really does create the perfect flawless base. Recently I had fallen out of love with this foundation a little because I felt that the colour was a bit too dark for my skin tone during winter but I've since been mixing it with my Revlon BB cream and oh my this = perfect combo ever!

YSL BabyDoll mascara

I only recieved this mascara for Christmas so I wasn't really sure if I could include it as a favourite for 2013 but it's just so amazing that I couldn't leave it out! The formula is absoloutley incredible and the wand grips my lashes so so well that it adds lots much volume (yay). I used the Benefit 'They're real' mascara a lot over 2013 and was considering adding that one in too but I'm thinking I may do a more detailed post to compare the two? Let me know if you'd like to see that! Although YSL products are a bit more of a luxury/treat, if you're going to pick one thing to try then I think this mascara would definitely be one to go for :)

Urban Decay Naked Palette 1

This palette has quite possibly changed my life (not even exageratting). It contains the most perfect neutral shades ever all of which are amazingly pigmented and the palette in general is just such good quality! I'm not a huge fan of the packaging as the velvet can look a bit grubby in comparison to their newer designs for the Naked 2 and 3 but all the same it is very compact for travelling. I would even go as far to say this is the best neutral palette ever (bold claims I know but seriously, swatch it if you don't believe me!)

Rimmel Scandaleyes eyeliner pen
Throughout 2013 I loved wearing liquid liner, there was something about how simple and effortless it is that I think always looks  amazing! I've tried countless eyeliner pens to try and draw the perfect flick but none have been as easy to use as the Scandaleyes pen from Rimmel! The pen is the perfect thickness for creating a smooth line which can be super thin and defined or a lot thicker if you use it at an angle. I have one in the black shade which is very dark. Again I love this because some others I have tried have been a little grey and looked quite washed out in colour in comparison. Rimmel is such an affordable brand too so yay for the drugstore!

I did have a few more photo's of some favourites but I thought it might be better to have a shorter but sweet post so that I could talk in more detail about my most loved beauty products! If you would like to see another post with some more general/random favourites of last year then let me know :)


Charlotte's web ♥

No comments