My top 5 autumn nail polishes

Hi there!

Today I had planned to write and take pictures for my college/school lookbook that I mentioned I was going to be posting however seeing as I live in England and we seem to have skipped straight from summer to cold and rainy winter, I couldn't do this : ( I'm hoping to find a slot of sunshine soon so that I can upload that post (everybody cross your fingers!) today instead I am doing a quite seasonal post and it's my top 5 autumn/winter nail polishes. 

The first, one one of my all time favourite nail varnishes is the shade Hunting from Topshop. I got this polish a couple of years ago and have worn it so much since! It's a really perfect colour for autumn and it's a nice different alternative to a neutral shade. I picked this up for £5 but I don't think it's available anymore from Topshop (*cries*) however I have found some really similar shades on the Boots website from brands like Barry M and Models Own; yay for drugstores!




The next polish which I definitley recommend if you like something a bit brighter is the cobalt blue colour from H&M in the shade Blue My Mind (it gets an extra thumbs up from me for having such a cool name).  Although I find that it chips quite easily, it is very pigmented and I only ever apply one coat and it's fine :) I featured it in my nail art post so you can check that out here if you'd like to see how it looks on the nails.

Moving back to more conventional autumnal shades, I would say that Essie's Chinchilly is the perfect muted blue/grey. Although this may not look all that amazing in the bottle (the picture definitley doesn't do it justice!) it really is a lovely, wearable colour that goes with almost every outfit. Essie are by far my favourite brand for nail products and the formula of this polish is just as lovely as all the others. If you haven't tried any of the Essie polishes I suggest you go down to Boots and pick up some for yourself, they are a-mazing!



Next I picked up a nail varnish from Miss Sporty so it is a lot more affordable but still great quality. It's the shade Atomic Blue (again another cool name) and it's a really unusual pretty colour. In the picture you can't really see very well but the colour of the polish means that it looks different in different lighting. This is another reason why I love this polish as you never know exactly how it is going to look!



And finally the last of my top five autumn nail polishes is another of my absolute favourites and is from Essie in the colour Cocktail Bling. This is another fairly plain colour but it's perfect if you wear a bolder outfit as the colour of the nail polish qould finish off a look really well without being too noticeable or in your face.




I hope you enjoyed this post and I definitley recommend that you check out some of the nail polishes that I mentioned as they're all amazing!

Charlotte 

6 comments

  1. I think they may have renamed the topshop one, because I have one identical to that called "fallen leaf". I have H&M blue my mind and Essie Chinchilly and I love them both for autumn/winter - cocktail bling looks gorgeous :)
    Becky xx

    beckylovesbeautyx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh really? That's good then! Aww yes they are all such lovely colours, definitely check out chinchilly it's one of my favourite Essie colours :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. that topshop colour is so pretty, love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only just realised that you commented this I'm really sorry Ellie but thank you! I absolutely love your blog it's one of my favourites, fan girling that you've read mine! ^_^ xx

      Delete
  4. I really like the look of the miss sporty blue polish, and I need to try one of the Essie's too!

    I would really appreciate it if you could take a look at my blog, I've only just started posting :)
    http://www.littlebitofstardust.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely shade! Essie does such pretty colours too so yes definitley check them out! :-) x

      ps. loved the haul on your blog!

      Delete