August favourites!

Hi there!

This is my first ever monthly favourites post, yay! I’m not sure if I will make these posts every month as I usually just stick to the products I’ve been loving and so wouldn’t really have that much to share with you, however this month seeing as it was my birthday and I've been shopping a few times, I thought it would be fun to share all the things I’ve loved.


To make it a bit more interesting I've decided to include some non beauty items too.



 First up is this Collection cream puff in the shade 'Cotton Candy. I mentioned it previously in a haul post and ever since buying it have been wearing it a lot. The shade I picked up is a very wearable colour and I think this is the main reason why I've got so much use out of it. It is a cross between a matte lipstick and a lip gloss and for only £2.99, I’m definitely going to try and pick up some more colours.




My next favourite of August is this MUA nail polish in the shade pistachio. I have been wanting the essie ‘mint candy apple’ nail polish for a while now but I can only justify spending £7.99 on a nail varnish if I know I can’t find a similar colour elsewhere for a lower price. I’m really glad I didn’t pick up the essie polish because I found this mua one for only £1! The colour is pretty much identical to that of mint candy apple and the formula is amazing; I only had to apply one coat and I was really impressed with how pigmented (can nail polish be pigmented or is that only eye shadow etc? Hmmm..) it was.


Probably the most prettily packaged item to ever be shown on my blog, my next favourite is my Marc Jacobs ‘Daisy’ perfume. I have been wanting this for absoloutley ages as it smells a-mazing and I was so happy when I received it from my parents for my birthday. This was a birthday present so i'm not sure how much/where my mum picked this up from but I know that is is available in Debenhams as every time I go in there a spray a little haha.  I’m not great at describing fragrances so I thought it would be easier/more helpful for me just to include a link to it so you can read all about the undertones/tones of the fragrance from someone who knows what they are talking about!




Moving on from beauty products, I took a little trip into Cambridge the other day with my sister and decided to pick up another pair of converse. I’m not a massively obsessed with shoes and never really buy that many pairs as I always feel like I’d rather spend my money on clothes instead but seeing as I start sixth form at the beginning of September, I thought it would be handy to have another pair of comfy, easy to style shoes. I bought mine from Office  for £44.95 and I can’t wait to wear them!


My last favourite of the month is something that I knew I had to include as soon as I was planning this post! If you know me in person you’ll know that I have a tiny bit of a thing for Leonardo DiCaprio and so I decided for my birthday I would ask for a few of his films that I hadn’t yet seen. I hadn't seen Inception before simply because I’d heard about how confusing it was and thought it might not be my cup of tea but oh how wrong I was! This was the best film I have seen in a long time and Leo was as always, amazing. If you haven’t seen this yet I definitely recommend that you do as I’m planning on watching it again already because I enjoyed it so much!


That’s all of my august favourites; I really hope you enjoyed my first favourites post and let me know in the comments if you have tried any of the products mentioned and if you liked them too!

Charlotte 

4 comments

  1. I love inception, Leo is the best xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's literally one of my new favourite films! He really is! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Like the nail polish. I have Essie very the same...

    http://vivalavida-fashion.blogspot.com

    welcome :) follow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh yes the Essie one is so pretty too! x

      Delete