What's in my make up bag?


Hi there!

I thought I would do a ‘What’s in my make up bag’ post this week because I always find these kind of posts really interesting to read! This is not my entire make up collection just the products I keep in my make up bag on my dressing table that I use every day. I keep lots of my other make up in other boxes and trays but these are the products I find myself using daily :)

In terms of skincare, on a daily basis I normally just go for foundation and a small amount of concealer to hide blemishes or spots. If I were going out for dinner normally I would wear highlighter and blusher/bronzer and I’m thinking of doing a separate post on the products I would use to go out in the evening to a party/for a meal.

The foundation I use is the Max Factor Lasting Performance in the shade ‘fair 100’. I find that this foundation matches perfectly to my skin tone in comparison to some other drug store foundations that I have previously found to be too orangey based. I would say it gives light to medium coverage and is easily buildable if you were going for a more flawless look.


I don’t always use powder but if I feel, especially in the evenings, that I want a more matte finish then I add my Natural Collection pressed powder (shade ‘cool’) over the top of my foundation. This isn’t the best powder I’ve ever used but at only £1.99, you can’t go wrong!


My conceler is the Collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer in the shade ‘Light 2’. This is definitely the best conceler I have tried as it is amazing for covering up spots and for under the eyes too! I have re-purchased this product at least four times and will continue to do so because it is so great-I can’t fault it.

Usually for school I don’t go crazy with eye makeup so no eye-shadow or much eyeliner but occasionally if I feel my eyes are looking a little tired I use the collection 2000 Extreme 24 hour Felt Tip Liner in black. I usually just do a thin line as close to my lash line as possible to open up the eye a bit more and add some definition. As I said I don’t always use liquid eyeliner but I do normally use a kohl liner in my waterline to open up the eye and make my eyes stand out a bit more.


My favourite kohl liner is from Collection 2000 (are you spotting the trend yet?) and it is the Intense Colour Supersoft liner in the shade ’02 Birdy Song’. As you can see from the swatch in the picture it is a brown shade; I often prefer to use brown liner in my water line as I feel like black can be a little too harsh for the daytime . Also I often find that brown eye liner makes the eyes look a little bigger than black.

On to mascara, my absolute favourite that I use every single day is the Benefit ‘They’re Real’ mascara in black. This mascara is designed to give the illusion that you’re wearing fake eyelashes and I would say it definitely makes my eye lashes look thicker and gives them extra volume.  The wand is synthetic which isn’t everyone’s cup of tea however I think it’s perfect for grabbing hold of your lashes  and also makes them quite separated and curled so no need for eye lash curlers!


Which products do you use every single day? What are your favourites?

Charlotte’s web  x x x


Prices for products mentioned:
~Foundation (Max Factor Lasting Performance) £9.99
~Conceler (Collection 200 Lasting Perfection) £4.19
~Powder (Natural Collection Pressed Powder £1.99
~Liquid eye liner (Collection 2000 extreme 24 hour Felt Tip Liner) £2.99
~Kohl pencil liner (Collection 2000 Intense Colour Supersoft liner) £1.99
~Mascara (Benefit ‘They’re real) £18.50 (a bit more expensive but so worth it!)


No comments